Just for fun, we’re gonna have a little theme added into the mix of this week’s Thursday night HSM rally service, on August 10th. Don’t miss a fun night of challenges all centered around bubbles. Soapy bubbles, editable bubbles, bubble fashion wear and bubble wrap — you name it, you’ll probably see it!
We’ll close with a time of worship and the 2nd part of the Viral message series. You REALLY won’t want to miss!
And don’t forget about the TAKE IT VIRAL Challenges from last week’s message. How do you fight the VIRUS of GREED? You challenge it with GENEROSITY. In response to that, as a group, we’re challenging you to do at least one of these things and make it go VIRAL in your life this August…
- CLEAN OUR YOUR CLOSET CHALLENGE – We talked about spring cleaning last week, and how as kids (and maybe as growing young men and women) we have the tendency to want to hold on to things. Well, how about we go through our closets (with Mom and Dad’s permission) and find some clothes (in good condition) to donate to God’s Warehouse ministry in Albuquerque, NM? We’ll hand out bags for you to collect your items this week and turn them in at our Night of Worship on the 17th.
- SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER FOR THE DURANGO PREGNANCY WALK on Saturday morning, August 19th. Give up one of your Saturday mornings to make a difference in an organization that is making a change in mother’s lives in our region! Get the details and RSVP here. We are needing 8 or more students to plug in and serve.
- LAUNCH CONFERENCE DRAMA TEAM – In October, our student ministry has been asked to provide some of the dramatic elements to the regional LAUNCH Conference, hosted in Thornton, CO. If you want to plug in, contact Pastor Shawn ASAP! Here’s an awesome way to give of your gifts, talents and time to minister and impact to a large group of students and leaders in our district — way cool!
- BHS YOUTH ALIVE CLUB – Several students went to a training last summer to become campus missionaries. As a result, a group of students planted a student club that meets weekly at BHS to pray, worship and share. If you attend BHS and haven’t plugged into Youth Alive yet, please make a point to join this year! Don’t wimp out!
- LEADERSHIP PROGRAM – If you are a senior high student that wants to serve younger students in our elementary and junior high Afterschool Program on Wednesday nights, you are encouraged to join our Leadership Team Program. It’s a ton of fun and awesomely rewarding!l Find out more and sign up here.
We’re pumped to see how students give up their time and resources this Fall. It’s going to be an incredible year!